Instructions for Use
A box of eight units will arrive at room temperature. Each mouthpiece is in a single sterilized, vacuum sealed package. Before offering a Denta-Cool™ unit to your patient, remove the packaged unopened unit from the box and freeze for a minimum of six hours or until the base blue core is frozen. Once the base core is frozen, follow the Directions for Use below beginning with step 3. Units should not be shared between patients.
If you were provided a unit by a dental professional, refreeze and reuse as directed.
If you purchased your unit online, follow the Instructions for Use on the package and the directions listed below.
Intraoral Cold Therapy Device for the Temporary Relief of Oral Pain, Swelling and Discomfort.
HOW TO USE
Every Denta-Cool™ unit comes with an insulated sleeve and a cleaning brush.
- Freeze the packaged unopened unit for at least 6 hours before use.
- When ready to use, take the packaged unit out of the freezer. Find the tear line on the sealed (freezer) bag and rip it open.
- When ready for your cold therapy session, place the insulated sleeve on the unit base for a comfortable hold while unit is in use.
- Fit the mouthpiece into mouth and place your lips over the raised edge.
- When in use, tilt your head back and occasionally squeeze the base to circulate water inside the unit.
- Two breathing tubes are built into the unit, so breathe normally.
- If you use an oxygen mask, you can put the mask directly over the end of the unit.
*DISCLAIMER: BEFORE USE, READ THE FULL “INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE” YOU RECEIVED IN THE PACKAGE.
HOW TO CLEAN
- After each use, clean the unit with soap and warm water. Use the supplied brush to clean inside the breathing tubes.
- ATTENTION: If you have open sores (non-intact skin) inside your mouth, use an antibacterial denture cleanser with soap and warm water to clean the unit.
HOW TO STORE
- After use, clean the unit according to directions, dry and place it back inside the freezer bag.
- Store the unit in the freezer. It is ready for use any time for up to six months.
NOTE: Please be aware unit MUST be refrozen within 24 hours after use and stored back into the freezer.
Unused unit can be stored in unopened packaging at room temperature for up to six months.
DO NOT USE IF THE UNIT IS LEAKING OR THE ENTIRE UNIT IS FROZEN SOLID.
Made in the USA.